About the demonstration Page-to-Stage!
Facilitated with the cast of Northanger Abbey, this fun and interactive demonstration, of up to 60 minutes, will provide audiences with an insight into how a classic novel from an illustrious writer can be brought to life on stage. This workshop will take place in the auditorium at 6pm on Thursday 23rd March. It is free for ticket holders of the Northanger Abbey performances. To book, please select the Page to Stage demonstration at the checkout. Please note there is limited availability.
This hour long event will explore:
- How sound, lighting, music and choreography builds tension and intrigue to a piece of theatre
- How careful adaptation can enhance our understanding of narrative and character
- How to approach characterisation through theatre direction, staging, costume and set
- The social and historical context of Northanger Abbey
- Gender roles, relations and expectations within the 19th century
This session will be either facilitated by Georgina Stone, Education Projects Officer, or Karen Simpson, Director of Northanger Abbey and Theatre Royal Bury St Edmunds.
If you are interested in finding out more information regarding Northanger Abbey and the workshop/demonstration, please contact us on 01753 853888 or click here
Please find here the education resource pack.